CROUTES DE FLUTE
Cut the loaf into thin slices and toast on both sides.
- Slice the load into 10 mm thick slices.
- Cut into the required shape and shallow fry to a golden brown.
Note: Croutons can also be made from toasted bread. In which case the toast should be buttered.
Allow 1 slice per 2 portions
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Slice the bread into 10 mm thick slices and cut in half diagonally.
- Shallow fry on both sides to a golden brown.
French loaf 1
Garlic butter 200 g
- Cut the loaf into thick slices without completely separating the slices.
- Spread the slices with the garlic butter.
- Wrap the loaf loosely in kitchen foil and place in an oven 160oC for 15 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 230oC.
- Remove the loaf from the oven. Fold back the foil and return the loaf to the oven for a further 5 minutes to crisp.
Bread, allow 2 slices per portion
- Toast the slices of bread on both sides.
- Remove the crusts and cut through the middle so that 2 thin slices toasted on one side remain.
- Remove doughy centre and cut slice in half diagonally.
- Place under a grill un-toasted side up and lightly colour.
- When cold store in an airtight tin until required for service.