For the salmon
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
2 garlic cloves, grated
30g/1oz fresh root ginger, peeled and julienned
50g/1¾oz mangetout, julienned
1 red chilli, seeds removed and julienned
1 tsp mild curry powder
2 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
200ml/7fl oz coconut milk
100ml/3½fl oz white wine
2 x 150g/5½oz centre-cut salmon fillets, skin on
16 large mussels, scrubbed and debearded
30g/1oz crème fraîche
1 lime, juice only
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the herb salad
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
2 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 tbsp chopped fresh pea shoots
2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
- To make the salmon, mix the red onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, mangetout, chili, curry powder and spring onion in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix the coconut milk and wine in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Cut out two large squares of kitchen foil and baking paper. Place the foil squares on top of the baking paper squares in order to start making two parcel shapes. Place the salmon pieces on one half of each parcel square. Place the vegetables on top of the salmon and place the mussels around the fish. Discard any mussels with broken shells and any that refuse to close when tapped.
- Fold the free half of each parcel square over the salmon and fold up all the edges to create parcels, sealing at every fold until you reach the last corners. Pour in the wine mixture and then seal each parcel tightly. Cook in the preheated oven for 9 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through, then take out and rest for 1 minute. Remove the fish and mussels from the parcels, remove the salmon skin and keep warm. Discard any mussels that remain closed.
- To make the herb salad, place the herbs in a large bowl.
- Transfer the vegetables from the parcels to the bowl and stir in the olive oil.
Add the juices from the parcels to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add the crème fraîche and whisk.
Stir in the lime juice.
Serve the herb salad on top of the fish and mussels and pour over the sauce.