Scallops in shell 15
Fish stock 125 ml
Hollandaise sauce 50 ml
Shallots 50 g
Parsley 15 g
White wine 125 ml
White wine sauce 500 ml
Duchess potato 500 g
Butter 25 g
- Peel the shallots and cut them into fine dice.
- Place the scallops in a hot oven for 3 minutes. The heat will cause them to open.
- Carefully scrape away and discard the beard which surrounds the scallops and the black intestine.
- Using a sharp knife detach the scallops and the roes from the shells.
- Place them in a saucepan with the chopped shallots, white wine, chopped parsley, fish stock, lemon juice and salt. Bring to the boil and poach for 10 minutes.
- Pipe a border of duchess potatoes round the deep shell or earthenware dish, brush with melted butter and half colour under a grill.
- Remove the scallops from the cooking liquor and slice them in half horizontally through the tongue.
- Reduce the cooking liquor to an essence, add the white wine sauce and the hollandaise. do not allow to reboil.
- Place a small quantity of the sauce into prepared shells and on this place 3 halves of scallop.
- Mask with the remainder of the sauce and glaze under a grill.
Note: Frozen scallops may be used in place of fresh.