LOBSTER THERMIDOR (2)
Cooked lobster 5 x 600g
Fish glaze 25 g
Parmesan cheese 50 g
Fish stock 125 ml
White sauce 400 ml
English mustard 15 g
Egg yolks 2
- Boil together the fish stock and the fish glaze then add the white sauce and reboil for 2 minutes.
- Dilute the mustard with a little water and ad it to the sauce.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, whisk in the yolks of eggs, adjust the seasoning and pass through a fine conical strainer.
- Remove the claws and legs from the lobsters.
- Crack the claws and remove the meat whole.
- Cut the lobsters in half lengthways.
- Remove and dispose of the intestines and the gravel bag.
- Remove the flesh from the tail and wash off any black from the meat.
- Slice the meat from the claws and tail and reheat it in a little butter.
- Wash and dry the shell.
- Cohere the sliced lobster meat with a little of the sauce and replace it in the shell.
- Mask with the remainder of the sauce, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and colour under a grill.
- Serve on a doily-covered dish, with fresh parsley in the curve of the tail.
Note: A suitable earthenware dish can be used instead of the shell.