Fish as appropriate to recipe
(filleted and skinned) 500 g
Cream 300 ml
- Separate the whites of the eggs from the yolks.
- Mince the raw fish through a fine plate, add the whites of eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pass through a fine sieve.
- Place into a china basin and stand this on a bed of ice.
- Season the mixture and add the cream mixing vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- The stuffing is now ready for use as required.
- For a superior stuffing firm fish such as pike, hake, salmon or sole may be used.
- A prawn or shrimp forcemeat can be made by substituting 100 g or prawns or shrimp for 100 g of the base fish. A small amount of colour may be added if required.