Fish fillers 10 x 100 g
Shallots 50 g
White wine 125 ml
Fish Stock 100 ml
Fish veloute 500 ml
Butter 100 g
Meat glaze 20 ml
- Peel the shallots, cut them into fine dice and cook them in a little butter then place in a fireproof dish.
- Soak the fillets in acidulated water for 10 minutes.
- Fold the fillets in half.
- Season the fillets and place them on top of the shallots.
- Barely cover with fish stock and white wine.
- Cover with a buttered paper, bring to the boil and poach in an oven for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Remove the fish from the liquid, drain on a clean cloth and keep warm.
- Reduce the cooking liquor to an essence, add the fish veloute and the butter. Remove from the heat, do not reboil.
- Adjust the seasoning and consistency and pass through a fine strainer.
- Lightly coat the centre of a warm serving dish with a little of the sauce. Arrange the fillets on this and mask with the remaining sauce.
- Decorate with a thread of meat glaze and fleurons for service.
Note: This recipe is suitable for fillets of plaice, sole and turbot.