Fish fillets 10 x 100 g
Butter 30 g
Fish stock 100 ml
Leaf spinach 800 g
White sauce 500 ml
Parmesan cheese 30 g
- Prepare the spinach discarding any large stalks and discoloured leaves.
- Thoroughly wash in several changes of water then place into a saucepan containing a little boiling salted water and cook until tender.
- Refresh the spinach under running cold water.
- Drain thoroughly and squeeze into balls and place to one side.
- Prepare the fillets, fold them in half and arrange them in a shallow fireproof dish.
- Sprinkle them with lemon juice, add the fish stock.
- Cover with a buttered paper, bring to the boil and poach in an oven for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Drain the fillets on a clean cloth and keep them warm.
- Boil the white sauce, add seasoning and adjust the consistency with the cooking liquor.
- Remove the sauce from the stove.
- Add a sabayon made from the egg yolks and then pass through a fine strainer.
- Reheat the spinach in a little butter, season and arrange in the centre of a warm serving dish.
- Arrange the fillets on top, mask over with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and colour under a grill.
Note: Suitable fish for this recipe are: cod, plaice, sole and turbot.