Fish fillets 10 x 100 g
Fish stock 125 ml
White wine 125 ml
Mussels fresh 500 ml
Prawns/shrimps peeled 50 g
Shallots 25 g
Fish veloute 500 ml
Button mushrooms 50 g
Butter 100 g
- Cut the shallots into fine dice and cook them in a little butter then place them in a fireproof dish.
- Soak the fillets in acidulated water for 10 minutes.
- Fold the fillets in half.
- Season the fillets and place them on top of the shallots.
- Barely cover with the fish stock and white wine.
- Cover with a buttered paper, bring to the boil and poach in an oven for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Remove the fish from the liquid and keep warm.
- Using a little of the liquid cook the mussels and remove the beard. Keep the mussels warm and retain the cooking liquor.
- Clean the mushrooms and cook them in a little butter with the lemon juice added.
- Heat the shrimps and add them to the mussels.
- Add the liquors to the fish stock and reduce to an essence.
- Add the fish veloute, bring to the boil and reduce to the required consistency.
- Add the butter and adjust the seasoning.
- Pass through a fine strainer.
- Mask the centre of a warm serving dish with a little of the sauce.
- Arrange the fillets on this. Add the garnish to the remaining sauce and mask over the fillets.
Note: Suitable fish for this recipe are sole, plaice and turbot.