Fish fillets 10 x 100 g
Cooked lobster 10 slices
Shallots 25 g
Fish stock 150 ml
Americaine sauce 500 ml
- Cut the shallots into fine dice and cook them in a little butter then place them in a fireproof dish.
- Soak the fillets in acidulated water for 10 minutes.
- Fold the fillets in half.
- Season the fillet and place them on top of the shallots.
- Barely cover with the fish stock and white wine.
- Cover with a buttered paper, bring to the boil and poach in an oven for about 5 minutes until cooked.
- Remove the fish from the liquid, drain on a clean cloth and place a slice of lobster on each fillet. Keep the fish warm.
- Reduce the cooking liquor to an essence and add the Americaine Sauce.
- Pass through a fine conical strainer and reheat.
- Mask the centre of a warm serving tray with a little of the sauce.
- Arrange the fillets on this and mask with remaining sauce for service.
Note: Suitable fish for this recipe are sole, plaice, turbot.