Fish fillets 10x100 g
Fish stock 100 ml
Vegetable salad 400 g
Leaf Gelatine 15 g
Fish chaudfroid sauce 500 ml
Shrimps (peeled) 50 g
shrimp butter 25 g
Asparagus spears 30
Fish Aspic jelly 500 ml
- Soak the gelatine then melt it in a little hot water. Trim and wash the fillets, make two incisions across the backs in the thick part. Soak in water, to which juice of lemon has been added, for one hour.
- Flatten the fillets and fold them in half.
- Cover the fillets with fish stock and poach then in a fireproof dish covered with buttered greaseproof paper for about 8 minutes.
- Allow them to cool a little, remove carefully from the liquor and lightly press until cold.
- Add the gelatine, and add it to the vegetable salad then pour into a mould to form a fan shape.
- Trim the fillets and place them on a wire tray.
- Mask the fillets with chaudfroid and allow to set, decorate and glaze with fish aspic jelly.
- Turn the fan of vegetable salad out onto a jellied serving dish.
- Trim any surplus aspic from the fish and arrange on the fan.
- Peeled, decorated, glazed tomatoes.
- Cucumber boats filled with shrimp butter, decorated with shrimps and glazed.
- Glazed stuffed eggs.
- Asparagus spears decorated and glazed.
Note: Fillets of sole or plaice are generally used.