Steak 10 x 150 g
Shallots 50 g
Red wine 250 ml
Demi glace 350 ml
Beef marrow 100 g
Beef marrow 10 x slices
Oil 25 ml
Butter 25 g
- Peel and roughly dice the shallots.
- Dice the marrow retain the ten slices for garnish.
- Season and grill or fry the steaks, place them on a warm serving dish and keep hot.
- Shallow fry the shallots until lightly coloured.
- Pour in the wine and reduce to one third. Add the demi-glace, reboil and pass through a strainer.
- Gradually add in the diced marrow, do not reboil.
- Adjust the seasoning and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Poach the slices of marrow in salt water.
- Mask the steaks with the sauce and place a slice of marrow on each.
- Place a pinch of chopped parsley on each slice of marrow and serve.
Note: This method is suitable for fillet tournedos, sirloin entrecote and rump steaks.